10 Nov Government Relations Intern
Christie Strategy Group is seeking a part-time, paid intern to assist firm leadership in continuing to provide excellent service to its clients, achieve legislative and regulatory success, and make a positive mark on the State of Alabama. The internship period will be over the course of the 2023 Regular Legislative Session of the Alabama State Legislature, which begins on March 7, 2023, and must end within 105 calendar days (June 20, 2023). An onboarding period may precede the beginning of the legislative session.
A full-service governmental relations firm, Christie Strategy Group prides itself on its ability to help clients navigate the complexities of Alabama’s political, regulatory, and legislative environment. Our ability to successfully represent a broad range of client interests is testimony to our keen understanding of the political process and how to accomplish client objectives in an often difficult and changing environment. Over the last 20+ years, we have formed lasting relationships with our clients, colleagues, state and local officials and have earned a reputation as a top trusted resource among those throughout the political process.
Christie Strategy Group represents prominent organizations from around the state. Clients include corporations, municipalities, and associations with an interest in direct representation among lawmakers and key decision makers.
In today’s atmosphere, governmental affairs firms must be above reproach. Christie Strategy Group will always represent clients in an honest and dignified manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Assisting with tracking legislation, legislative committee meetings, and issues
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly reports for clients to include hot political news, reports on legislation of interest, and messaging
- Conducting research for firm leadership on issues, candidates for office, and policy in other states
- Updating the firm website with legislative news and reports
- Event planning and conference management
- Running errands and making deliveries to the Statehouse
- Administrative responsibilities
- Ability to interact with state legislators, regulators, and statewide elected officials
- Hands-on experience working at the Alabama State House and Capitol during a legislative session
- Interaction with the firm’s clients and understanding of their issues
- Attending public meetings, press conferences, and special events
- If desired, CSG will provide reports to faculty if course credit is being sought
- Currently pursuing or awarded an undergraduate or graduate degree in law, political science, communications, business, or comparable field of study
- Ability to respond to issues immediately
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Must remain in the Montgomery, Alabama area for the duration of the internship
- The legislature meets every Tuesday-Thursday during the legislative session. Preference will be given to candidates who can be at the State House a majority of those days. Client reports are sent out on Friday.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume with references, and two writing samples to Maeci Walker, Vice President, email@example.com. Writing samples should not exceed two pages each.
All materials must be submitted by January 31, 2023. No phone calls.