Recent legislative accomplishments include:
- Shepherding legislation to expand the Foley/Baldwin Beach Express to I-65.
- Spearheading a bill to provide for economic development incentives for large tourism development projects. This incentive package was used in the development of OWA in Foley.
- Working with multiple administrations to pass legislation to build the lodge and conference center at Gulf State Park.
- Defeating passage of a bill to take away local authority to regulate auxiliary containers (plastic bags, cardboard, glass, etc.).
- Developing and passing legislation to allow beer manufacturers to own a brewpub. This time-sensitive bill was required for the redevelopment of an industrial building in Birmingham to allow for Monday Night Brewing Company to move forward as the anchor tenet.
- Leading the effort to overhaul the Alabama Broadband Accessibility Act from a tax credit program to a competitive grant program.
- Defeating passage of a bill to take away local authority to enact an occupational tax.
- Inclusion of a new line item in both the General Fund and Education Trust Fund budgets to allow for an increase in rates for residential habilitation service providers.